The stakes are getting higher; exonerations are costly to the taxpayer.
- Michael Kenneth McAlister, client of Mid Atlantic Innocence Project, granted full pardon by Virginia governor after 29 years in prison for an abduction and attempted rape he did not commit.
- Human Rights Watch says 2009 reforms in China to curb abusive interrogations are not fully working
- In Michigan, renewed efforts in legislature to compensate wrongfully convicted
- Ohio Innocence Project honored by Death Penalty Focus at Beverly Hills gals
- Exonerated man in India writes book about injustices Muslims face in the Indian criminal justice system